Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Arepas Rock!

Yesterday I was working at the bakery in the evening.  The day crew will usually save some grilled arepa bread for the night crew to eat dinner but they didn't do that yesterday.  They did make a loaf of bread though.  The bread was delicious by itself so I decided to make a sandwich for dinner.  I used all the same items I do for an arepa -I had the chicken salad -and you know what?  I don't think I'll ever go back to regular sandwiches again!

Arepas are way better!!  With a regular sandwich the bread smothers the taste of the other ingredients.  I couldn't really taste the cheese at all and the flavor of the chicken salad was also overpowered by the bread.  I decided that's why Arepas are so good -they are thin and not super strong in flavor so you can taste what's in the sandwich.

My kids will probably never have a sandwich unless someone else makes it for them -they'll only get Arepas from me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment